Is it common to have headaches during pregnancy? Is this a tension headache or a common headache? Experts do not know exactly the reasons for headaches during pregnancy, but a good explanation is that it is due to hormonal change in women body.
Most commonly it is observed a constant pain or pressure on both sides of the head or in the back of the neck, during first three months of pregnancy. If you were always susceptible to this type of headache, pregnancy can make this problem worse.
Other possible causes are lack of sleep or fatigue in general, nasal congestion, allergies, eyestrain, stress, depression, hunger and dehydration. If you have headaches in the first quarter, this pain will disappear during the second quarter when the flood of hormones stabilizes and the body gets used to new hormonal status.
What kind of medicine can relieve pain?
- Consult your doctor about which medications you can take if you are suffering from severe migraine headaches.
- There are some medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen are strictly prohibited for pregnant women.
What else can do to ease the pain?
Here are some more tips that can help you to prevent or relieve from headache:
- Try to find the cause of pain
- Note down what you have eaten in last 24 hours prior to onset of was you doing when it started.
- People, who suffer from migraine headaches, take a cold water bath. It will give you rapid relief, though it is a temporary. If you can’t swim, wet your face with some cold water.
- A warm shower or bath can give a temporary relieve the headache caused by stress.
- Starve or thirst also keep your sugar levels down in the blood, eat some food, but take it more often.
- Avoid taking sugar pack products directly like eating candy and sweets, because it can unstable the blood sugar levels.
- Drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated. In case you have migraine and vomit, drink water slowly, sips.
- Avoid exhaustion Try to find time to rest. If you have migraines, go down for a nap at a quiet, dark room.
- Do some exercise, because regular exercise can decrease the frequency and intensity of headaches, reduce stress and give you relief from tension headaches.
- Acupuncture treatment is also very effective for headache during pregnancy.
Some women, who suffer from tension headache, massage therapy is widely recommended for them, according to the several researches. Body massages also relieve muscle tension in the neck, shoulders and back. You can ask your partner to massage on your back and head. You can also contact with a Best Denver Chiropractor to get effective treatment.